Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just got the spring issue of Art Doll Quarterly!

Really enjoyed the hand sculpted faces of Ruth Morris' t'Kungee dolls and her detailed description on how to sculpt them with polymer clay (it should be clear to you by now how I feel about polymer clay...;-)
Also liked Daryel Cook's Sufficient Phaeton. He also had a wonderful piece last year on the cover of ADQ called the Sentinal of Winter. Enjoyed Karin Otto-Burfict's Memory dolls (I love dolls with stuff in side them!) and admired Marylin Radzat's doll so much I went at looked at her website (for the second time!).
But I was especially impressed with the stuffed and painted dolls by Monique Savoie. Those dolls are extremely well painted; lots of character in their expressions. Really stopped me in my tracks when I turned the page to see them the first time. Go Genevieve (her daughter who talked her into painting the dolls)! I liked the whole issue as usual, of course, but these artist's work stood out for me the most.
I also discovered a new doll club starting up in my area in the back of ADQ, thank you, ADQ! Love this Magazine; it's always very inspiring.
Oh well, off to my sister's house to make deviled eggs for the Super Bowl this afternoon. Proud to say I love it for the commercials and the company...:-)

Lily

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ruth!
    So glad you stopped by my blog and enjoyed the promo video of the Folk Art Doll Workshop on Youtube! I'm loving your art dolls on the sidebar here! I think it's fantastic that you gift them to cancer survivors. My father lost his battle with it at the early age of 46 in 1991. I wouldn't wish that disease on my worst enemy!
    I'm your very first follower! Whoo hoo!
    Thanks so much for reaching out and I look forward to getting to know you better.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, for replying, Moriah. Just popped over to your blog again and discovered more free tutorials; you are so generous with your talents. I hope I win a workshop from you. In future, when I'm once again gainfully employed, i'll sign up for one. Very reasonably priced. Oh, i love artists supporting other artists! :-)
    Please let me know if you have another friend or family member with cancer - i'll send you a peace angel doll to gift to them.
    Lily/Ruth

    ReplyDelete