Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello! I have been horrendously bad about writing my own blog, but now that I'm trying some 3 dimentional work and have some photos, I can post some stuff online...:-)

I'll start with some of my seasonal work in progress - my new line of snowmen characters.

I'd like to thank Moriah Betterly at MLB Studios http://mlbetterly.blogspot.com/ for kicking off my interest in this magical medium of paper clay. I was using polymer clay for my wall hanging spirit dolls, but I prefer this air-dry clay for my  3-D figures.

Thanks Moriah, and congrats on your publication in Art Doll Quarterly; great job! You know I love your work, even though you haven't heard from me in a year! LOL!


Here are some WIP pics:




This is my first snowman character. He is made of paper clay, over a styrofoam ball and wire armature. His hat is a wooden drawer pull with bells hanging from wires coming out the top. He stands in paper clay snow, on a star-shaped box which has been painted red and embossed with gold stars. He is holding a miniature snowman, and a friend of mine, Sandy Arieno, crocheted him a sporty looking red scarf to keep him warm!


This is another of my snowmen. I haven't had a chance to antique him yet...:-(
He is on a wooden base covered in paper clay/styrofoam ball-shaped snow drifts, and is juggling glass beads and a red heart (which are all magically staying in the air thanks to wire and glue! (sorry about the bad quality pics; haven't had a chance to take good ones yet). You can't see it well in this pic, but his belly has been stamped with a heart shape that I've painted glossy red! :-) His gloves will be red too, and I think I'll add some beads on the snows to look like he's dropped them.

Hugs all! Tomorrow I'll be adding pics of another snowman, and also some pics of my latest project, Mad Mouton, who is an irritated sheep. He's really cute when he's mad!

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment